It’s just been announced that Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D is coming to home video this October 3rd in the United States, released by Lionsgate! Yes, arguably the best science fiction sequel ever made is getting a Limited Collector’s Edition EndoArm box set in the U.S. (just like the U.K. Zavvi edition we announced earlier today HERE) which will include a 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital HD). Unfortunately, while the UK version comes with a 3D disc, it does appear that due to the lack of popularity with 3D televisions in the United States, the U.S. version of this collector’s set will not contain a 3D disc (nor an original soundtrack CD) like its UK counterpart.
Only 6,000 of these Limited Collector’s Edition EndoArm box sets will be released, which will include a life-sized replica of the T-800 EndoArm mounted on a numbered stand, with James Cameron’s signature on the stand! It will have a suggested retail price of $174.99.
Here are the details:
LIMITED EDITION BOX SETS INCLUDES:
Life-sized Terminator EndoArm
Each limited-edition EndoArm unit includes a uniquely numbered sticker, featuring the signature of writer-director James Cameron. (We do not know at press time if this will be an authentic autograph signature of James Cameron, or just a printed signature.)
BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
- *NEW* “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
- 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher“
- The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
- Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
- 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
- 4K Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16×9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
- Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16×9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
- 4K Audio: English DTS:X Audio, DTS Headphone:X™ Audio, English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and English 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Audio
- Blu-ray Audio: English DTS:X Audio, DTS Headphone:X Audio, English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and English 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Audio
You can also check out an amazing exclusive trailer for this 4K collector’s edition on the website of IGN. Check it out!
Now if you’re not interested in the collector’s set, James Cameron’s T2 in 3D (still without the 3D Disc) will also be available on October 3rd as a standalone 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital HD) with a suggested retail price of $22.99.
We’ll be back!