She’s back! Are we dreaming! Can someone pinch us? No this is happening Terminator fans! Actress Linda Hamilton, star of “The Terminator” and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” is returning to the franchise one again as Sarah Connor in the next Terminator film!
The Hollywood Reporter has just revealed that James Cameron made the stunning announcement about Linda Hamilton ‘s return:
CAMERON “As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return.”
“There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys, but there isn’t an example of that for women.”
And here are some more things we learned about the upcoming Terminator film:
- Tim Miller, the filmmaker who made his breakout feature debut with Deadpool, is directing the sequel.
- Cameron is producing along with Skydance.
- The new film will be distributed by Paramount with Fox handling it internationally.
- The script will be based on a story crafted by James Cameron himself!
- Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story.
- David Goyer (whose credits include the Blade and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies), Charles Eglee, (who created Dark Angel with Cameron), and Josh Friedman, (who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles) were part of that writers room.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is already set to return.
- Cameron and Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to “Terminator 2: Judgment Day”.
- The themes of the potential evils of technology will once again be at the forefront.
- The new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters. Per James Cameron: “We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story,” Cameron said. “We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we’ll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it.“
- T6 is already 7 months deep into development and pre-production. The script is being polished and Tim Miller’s effects company Blur Studios has already designed pre-visuals.
This is the greatest news ever Terminator fans! Oh what a happy day!
We’ll be back!